Friday, June 27, 2014

York - Solution

YORK – SOLUTION

M
B
Y
M
V
I
K
I
N
G
R
U
L
E
R
G
O
D
B
A
S
N
S
E
G
R
A
D
C
M
H
R
E
E
I
A
R
L
G
J
U
O
L
R
S
P
R
I
E
A
U
B
I
S
E
I
S
N
T
O
R
I
S
I
S
O
S
S
D
R
E
C
U
V
T
H
I
O
S
R
E
G
E
V
Y
A
L
R
E
L
D
I
A
A
E
K
W
R
T
L
V
E
L
E
L
O
I
I
L
T
T
E
N
R
A
R
A
T
P
C
E
L
B
R
N
A
R
I
T
N
N
N
G
M
O
B
L
H
E
H
S
H
M
F
N
I
O
K
A
H
I
A
Y
N
E
B
L
U
T
O
S
T
A
O
M
N
W
T
M
A
I
R
G
E
I
L
E
M
E
C
U
N
H
S
O
R
S
D
I
I
E
C
S
I
I
K
D
B
R
O
I
I
S
S
E
N
D
N
E
N
N
U
P
H
R
T
C
R
'
L
M
N
E
W
O
L
F
K
O
G
O
S
E
E
N
B
I
I
S
A
I
N
H
C
A
E
I
I
E
R
N
L
T
I
O
L
T
A
S
T
T
A
T
W
R
V
T
C
E
O
I
I
A
E
M
P
Y
E
C
E
P
M
S
I
R
C
T
V
O
A
M
S
K
E
R
T
L
H
H
C
E
O
O
O
E
R
I
C
B
L
O
O
D
A
X
E
A
E
O
I
S
R
J
F
K
R
O
Y
F
O
N
I
U
C
L
A
N
P
O
T
E
U
N
I
V
E
R
S
I
T
Y
O
F
Y
O
R
K
O
L
Y
W
O
O
L
T
R
A
D
I
N
G
C
E
N
T
R
E
R
V
E
C
A
P
I
T
A
L
O
F
T
H
E
N
O
R
T
H
T
R

SOURCE OF QUOTATION

St. Margaret Clitherow, who is also known as St. Margaret of York, heroically resisted a 1585 law that decreed it high treason for a Roman Catholic priest to live in England and a felony for anyone to give shelter to, or attempt to assist, one. She insisted that “... by God's grace all priests shall be more welcome to me than ever they were, and I will do what I can to set forward God's Catholic service” (Clitherow, as quoted in Savior.org, [s.d.]). She was the first woman to be tortured to death under Queen Elizabeth I’s Protestant regime.

REFERENCES

Savior.org. [s.d.]. “St. Margaret Clitherow”. Saints: Devotionshttp://savior.org/saints/clitherow.htm [2012, June 27].
Simpson, David. 2009. “The City of York”. Yorkshire. http://www.yorkshire-england.co.uk/YorkCity.html [2014, March 21].

No comments:

Post a Comment