Sunday, July 6, 2014

Doncaster - Puzzle

DONCASTER – PUZZLE

The foundations of the town of Doncaster are grounded on the site of a 1st-century Roman fort, which was built at a crossing of the River Don. The suffix ‘caster’ derives from the Old English caster, referring to a military camp (“Doncaster”, [s.d.]). 

T
R
O
F
N
A
M
O
R
A
D
S
S
S
T
T
O
N
E
C
T
T
O
P
S
C
I
R
F
L
U
W
R
E
U
R
P
O
H
S
B
O
A
R
G
A
T
E
S
T
X
L
A
T
A
O
S
U
O
T
P
E
N
N
S
P
O
R
S
T
B
F
I
I
T
P
E
S
R
A
D
L
G
O
T
O
N
F
E
E
R
R
R
L
S
R
S
R
S
G
O
T
L
T
G
O
U
R
T
V
I
E
F
E
T
I
U
A
E
I
C
S
O
I
E
O
N
K
A
E
T
N
E
M
S
A
I
I
G
N
E
A
-
T
O
L
I
I
G
L
A
C
T
R
E
D
P
R
A
G
G
C
S
I
R
U
G
N
N
R
N
H
I
A
P
O
S
F
R
P
N
H
A
A
G
S
E
G
A
E
N
G
H
C
U
O
U
N
R
O
A
G
X
D
E
R
L
R
M
H
I
A
W
S
L
H
N
A
I
S
H
U
O
I
A
F
I
O
P
A
T
M
U
C
N
I
C
S
T
C
O
N
G
S
I
O
C
R
O
R
E
I
I
H
I
N
S
O
M
X
R
B
N
M
R
S
H
I
T
U
N
S
N
R
B
O
I
N
O
E
B
U
I
I
F
S
A
V
S
M
S
U
N
E
O
T
C
U
O
N
S
R
T
N
Y
A
R
E
I
R
W
P
E
G
R
N
N
A
T
R
I
H
A
S
E
R
D
R
R
E
A
S
N
A
S
A
A
D
H
O
N
T
T
T
R
D
I
D
H
A
H
I
E
T
W
E
R
L
A
C
O
L
U
E
G
O
F
O
C
C
R
R
O
E
B
I
F
Y
L
N
C
H
M
R
O
O
Y
N
O
L
O
C
R
E
P
E
L
D
L

ANGLO-SAXON BURH
ANTONINE ITINERARY
ANTONINUS PIUS
BOAR GATES
CAER / DAUN
CARMELITES
CHRISTOPHER LEVETT
CONISBROUGH CASTLE
CORN EXCHANGE
CRISPUS
DUX BRITANNIARUM
FRANCISCAN FRIARS
FRENCH GATE
GREYFRIARS
HORSE GARRISON
KING RICHARD I
LEPER COLONY
MOOT HALL
NENNIUS
NIGEL FOSSARD
NOTITIA DIGNITATUM
RIVER DON
ROBIN HOOD AIRPORT
ROMAN FORT
ROMAN GATES
STAGING POST
ST GEORGE'S MINSTER
ST SEPULCHRE GATE
WHITEFRIARS
WULFRIC SPOTT

When you’ve crossed through all the listed words in the above grid, you should find the following part of a quotation remaining.

“ _  _ _ _ _ _  _ _ _ _ _ _  _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _ _  _ _ _ _  _ _ _ _ _ _ _  …  [it]  _ _ _  _ _ _
_ _ _ _  _ _  _ _ _ _ _  _ _ _ _ ”


For a more flexible form of this puzzle, please see: http://www.wordsearchfun.com/ 192176_Doncaster_wordsearch.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment